Links to the old web pages of KKE
For people’s health and rights, against authoritarianism and repression
Thousands of workers, pensioners, unemployed and young people flooded the centre of Athens, Thessaloniki, and many other cities in Greece responding to the call of trade unions and mass organizations. They conveyed a message of struggle and demand, gave a strong response to authoritarianism and repression, and declared their decisiveness to step up the struggle for the protection of their health.
The protesters demanded for:
- Immediate requisition of the private health sector, without compensation.
- Measures to protect the workers in workplaces, means of transport, schools and universities.
- Organized diagnostic testing in large industrial units, where thousands of workers are employed, and supermarkets.
- Support of the workers’ income and rights. Protection of the unemployed, intensification of the struggle against the government and business groups, which seek to trample on salaries and pensions, on insurance, working, and democratic rights.
- No to the curtailment of the democratic rights of the peoples under the pretext of tackling the pandemic. Put an end on police state and state repression.